The California Community Colleges Student Wellness Ambassador Program is a component of the California Community Colleges Health & Wellness. The Student Wellness Ambassador Program trains CCC students to serve as advocates and conduct peer outreach for mental health and wellness.
Student Wellness Ambassadors are trained in mental health and wellness topics in preparation for a semester of service. Activities include:
- Working to decrease stigma around mental health
- Collaborating with a faculty adviser
- Planning and conducting outreach for mental health events and activities
- Disseminating mental health and wellness information from Each Mind Matters, SanaMente, and other sources
- Connecting peers to available campus and statewide resources
News & Announcements
Spotlight on Student Wellness Ambassadors at College of the Canyons
Two Student Wellness Ambassadors shared their perspective on this new program: “The momentum that we feel in trying to get this movement started on campus is palpable, and watching our friends take the lead in networking with students and step into leadership roles has been inspiring.”
Words by Jessica Cabanos and Laura Praskin
- Student Wellness Ambassador 2018-19 Position Summary
- CCC Mental Health Services College Directory
- Each Mind Matters Resource Center
CCC Health & Wellness and the Student Wellness Ambassador Program is funded by the voter-approved Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63) and is administered by the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) on behalf of California counties and cities.